Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Restaurant Review: Milbank Pizza Ranch

I decided to try another pizza place in town despite my lackluster experience at the other place. So I stopped in at Pizza Ranch which is located in the downtown area of Milbank.

For those who have never been to a Pizza Ranch (P.R.) before it is a pizza buffet. They also have a salad bar and other hot items such as fried chicken, mashed potatoes, vegetable, etc.

As I walked in the place was fairly busy and the bustling of P.R. workers was encouraging.  After paying I found a nice table by the window. I grabbed a soda and approached the salad bar. The salad bar did not host a large variety of items but the items available were well stocked and looked fresh. 

I then looked over the offerings at the hot buffet (Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, home fries, and corn to name a few).  There was also obviously pizza available. They had many varieties of pizza available and were bringing more out every so often.

I was impressed by the workers in the facility. Even though they were young (high school age) they all seemed to stay on task and do their job. Some were in the back preparing food for the buffet or take out while others were clearing plates from tables.

The food tasted pretty good. The pizza was excellent especially some of their own concoctions (taco, cheeseburger and cowboy pizza to name a few). In addition the fried chicken (I think it may be broasted) is excellent. Particulary if you get a piece right after it is done cooking and just put out on the hot table.

Overall, I enjoyed eating at the Pizza Ranch. They had good food at a reasonable price. The staff was helpful and courteous. They offered a reasonably good selection.

Here are my grades.
Food Quality-------------3 out of 5
The food quality was good. Not "oh my god this is the best I ever had" good but satisfying. Desent selection.
Service Quality----------3 out of 5
The staff was friendly and courteous. They were attentive to help clearing empty plates from tables and keeping the buffet stocked.
Value--------------------3 out of 5
The price for the food is a good value.
Overall------------------ 3 out of 5
The Pizza Ranch is not a full service restaurant but it does offer friendly courteous staff. It is a good value for the food it offers. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to grab a good slice of pizza.

No comments: