Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Time Goes Fast!

Its been so busy lately. I almost forgot to update the post. There has been so much going on lately that I will try to go back in time and update summarize it all.

I have been traveling still (going to South Dakota a lot and even got back to North Dakota for a week).

Cole has been super busy with the traveling basketball. Practice, practice, practice with tourneys on the weekends. His schedule keeps him hopping for sure and fills all of our extra time. But it is fun to see him with a new group of friends and playing at a new level. He also has been taking electric guitar lessons since the start of the school year. He loves it! He is also getting good.

Kennedy has been continuing with her dance lessons and simply loves every minute of it. She loves getting dressed up and practicing for the Christmas pageant and the big Spring Concert. She is also very much in the Christmas spirit. She loves wrapping presents and making Christmas cards for everyone and anyone. She can't wait for her school days and excels there. Her reading is getting even better everyday. Her world is wide open now that she can decipher the new words all around her. She is so bright (I know I am biased).

Jake is our sweet little boy. He is still our little thoughtful helper. If anyone sneezes in the house he is right there to make sure to tell them "bless you". Also if he sneezes and there is not an immediate "bless you" he is sure to let you know. He is so very helpful. He is arguably one of the best laundry folders in the house. He folds the towels perfectly and helps to sort the laundry. It is amazing how accurate he is. He is always willing and eager to help with any chore. His cheery disposition and sweet, gentle heart is the most wonderful part of Jake. Other than "forcing" him to do the hard work at home, he loves to color, draw and practice his letters (can you tell he hangs around Kennedy the teacher). He also loves sports. All sports. He shoots basketball on his hoop in the playroom and has gotten to be quite the shooter. Some times he will take off his shirt and play hoops. On Sundays I will ask him what day is it and he replies "Game day!" He will sit with me and watch the Titans play (usually for a quarter or so before he needs to go get a football, or go shoot hoops). It is fun to see him turn into his own little man. On the days that I am fortunate to be home (Kennedy and Cole are at school) Jake and I just hang out and spend time together. It is so nice for him to have that time with me alone and for him to show his own personality.

De has been SUPER busy. With all the busy hustle and bustle of our family schedule and me not being home every week she often carries the load. Fortunately she is the most organized person I know. I do feel fortunate for the times I am able to be home to help out and give her a break. I am looking forward to Christmas week (I was able to take off work).

I will try to update this blog and tell you more about Coles last tourney and post some pictures. I will also update about Kennedy's Christmas pageant with pictures. So check back or follow this blog by clicking on the subscribe/follow button.

No comments: